Sunday, November 29, 2015

Work out Schedule: The Advent Novena Challenge!


Today marks the beginning of Advent.
 My younger brother, Austin, had recently told me that " Christians used to fast during advent."  In leu of fasting, I would like to offer my presence to Christ this Advent season and if any other friends would like to join me I will be praying an Advent Novena this season.

Here is the Kicker: While praying the novena with each prayer (  there are 15 ), I am also asking you to give not only yourself mentally but also physically.

The goal: is to not only strengthen our mental ability for concentration, but also our body's ability to persevere beyond all pain.


These are the challenge details:
The Advent Novena is said 15 times a day.
Starting on St. Andrew's Feast Day, November, 30.

With each prayer, do the following:

1. Hula Hoop
2. Jumping jacks
3. Hula Hoop while doing Ballet First position
( Pile- squat with your heals touching, make a diamond shape with legs and move up and dow) I found this work ( without the hula hoop) here.

4.Hula hoop (other direction)
5. Jumping Jacks
6. Hula Hoop while doing Ballet Second Position ( Pile- squat with knees facing out on your tippy toes, and move and move an inch up and down.)  ( check link above for details)

7.Hula hoop while triceps kick back I found this work out here.
8. Jumping Jacks
9. Hula hoop while Ballet first position

10. Hula hoop while doing over head triceps extension ( check link above )
11. Jumping Jacks
12. Hula hoop while Ballet Second Position

13. Hula hoop
14. Jumping Jacks
15. Hula hoop

~ Helpful tidbit- Printing or writing out these instructions  makes it easier to keep your workout moving.

~ For those of you not as advanced in hula hooping, feel free to modify the routine.

Also, if you have any fun things you do to prepare yourself for Christmas, I would love to read about your traditions.

Here is the prayer:

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment
In which the Son of God was born
Of the most pure Virgin Mary,
at midnight, in Bethlehem,
in the piercing cold.
In that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee,
O my God,
to hear my prayer and grant my desires,
[hear mention your request]
through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ,
and of His Blessed Mother.
Amen.
For more information about the Novena Please check out The Catholic News agency.   And, if you haven't already, please subscribe to my blog for more updates!!
Pax tecum ! 
~ Christine 






No comments:

Post a Comment